16 March 2017

Happy Birthday To ME ! ( almost) The contiuing adventures of Dave the dataset

With my 6th birthday nearly open me, (how the last six years have flown by....) I thought I should have an update.I an my children still exist in 50 rooms across 29 houses.
The list of houses were my children and I reside are:
AGLT2
BNL-OSG2
CERN-PROD
CSCS-LCG2
DESY-HH
FZK-LCG2
GRIF-IRFU
GRIF-LAL
GRIF-LPNHE
IFIC-LCG2
IN2P3-CC
IN2P3-LPSC
INFN-T1
MPPMU
NCG-INGRID-PT
NDGF-T1
NERSC
NET2
NIKHEF-ELPROD
PRAGUELCG2
RAL-LCG2
SMU
SWT2
TOKYO-LCG2
TR-10-ULAKBIM
TRIUMF-LCG2
UKI-SOUTHGRID-OX-HEP
WEIZMANN-LCG2
WUPPERTALPROD

Nationalities are Canadian, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Israeli, Italian, Nordic, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Swiss, Turkish, UK and USA
And the types of room are:
CPB
DAQ
DATADISK
DATATAPE
DET-LARG
GROUPTAPE
LOCALGROUPDISK
PERF-EGAMMA
PERF-FLAVTAG
PERF-MUONS
PHYS-BEAUTY
PHYS-SM
PHYS-SUSY
SCRATCHDISK
TZERO


There are 284 unique individuals in my family tree: 4 are triplets; 56 are twins. 224 individuals have no replicas; so are at risk of extinction if any particular room is destroyed. OF the 284;  64 are Ursulas', 7 are Gavins' and 195 are Dirks'.

Each child varies from 1 to 3531 files (103 are only a single file.) Size varies from 450B to 3.13TB.
In total, there are 7.96515TB of unique data spread across  22841 files. ( giving an average file size form the dataset and its children of 348MB.)




No comments: